The following National Referee Academy sites have been approved:

May 5, 2012 – Southern California (Citrus College, Glendora, CA)

June 2, 2012 – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Area (Gloucester County College, Sewell, NJ)

June 9, 2012 – Dallas, Texas (Richland College, Dallas, TX) **Note revised site**

June 9, 2012 – Cincinnati, Ohio (Thomas More College, Crestview, KY)

June 23, 2012 – Worcester, Massachusetts (College of the Holy Cross)

July 21, 2012 – Fredricksburg, Virginia (University of Mary Washington)

July 22, 2012 – Chicago, Illinois (St. Laurence High School, Burbank, Illinois)

July 28, 2012 – Jacksonville, Florida (St. John’s Country Day School, Orange Park, FL) **Site confirmed**

August 4, 2012 – Northern California (Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA) **Note revised date**

The sites that the NRP staff selected are based on population density of assessors, national referees, and airport accessibility.

12 Responses to “2012 National Referee Academy Clinic Schedule Announced”

1. John Paine says:

Is National Assessor attendance required – or – desired?

2. Klaus Staefe says:

I would think that National Assessors should be required to attend one of those clinics at a minimum.

There has been no formal training sessions for Assessors in forever.

3. Joe K says:

Will the PPT be offered and is it required at the clinic? I know I’ll have several opportunities to take a PPT before these academy dates. If it’s required to take a PPT at the clinic, I may pass on other available tests. Myself and others may want to plan around this. Thanks in advance.

4. Lance VH says:

When will an agenda of the clinics be available so that one can start planning travel arrangements (I.E. arrival & departure times)?

Thanks John

5. Jason Y says:

I am interested in officiating college soccer. Would attending one of the mentioned clinics allow me to take my written and fitness assessments?

• John Van de Vaarst John Van de Vaarst says:

The National Camps are for advanced college officials who have earned the right to move to the top levels of the intercollegiate game. You can join NISOA through a local chapter. They can administer the written test and review the other qualifications. You can also consider attending the Elizabethtown training program.

6. Paul Deverse says:

Will there be any more National Referee Clinic sites added?

• John Van de Vaarst John Van de Vaarst says:

These are the sites for 2012. They were determined by location of current and potential National Referees to limit travel and expenses.