NISOA is currently seeking a Communication Manager
NISOA is seeking a Communication Manager to help promote the NISOA mission. This individual will be responsible for leading, managing and delivering strategic communication on behalf of NISOA to our national audience. Duties include the management of communication calendar, execution of webinars, and creation of communication materials to support NISOA’s programs.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures communication strategy is taken into consideration on all program activities.
- Assists in the creation and edits content for use across platforms, including web, email, print and social media.
- Works in collaboration with designer to bring content to life, visually.
- Works closely with Website Manager on website edits / content enhancements
- Creates content series: Meet the Board / Front Lines / Quote A Coach / etc
- Develop new ideas for content creation that further the NISOA mission
- Updates and manages Communications Calendar, including social media and email outreach
- Responsible for newsletter (2-3 per year) Develop content in conjunction with board approval
- Effectively project manages webinars end-to-end, including including set up logistics (working with Production team, if required), equipment tests, coordinating recording, etc
- Development and successful execution of the Team App, initial pilot with NRP o Create how to guide for members (how to download, use, etc) o Host webinars to educate chapters on how to create their own Chapter version o Develop how to guide/manual for chapter leadership
- Responsible for creating surveys (post events) and summarizing data for Executive Board
- Builds and maintains a library of customizable templates that are current in style and reliable.
- Champions brand consistency across all communication materials and channels.
- Current NISOA member in good standing
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Creative spirit with an eye for design (designer skills a plus)
- Digitally savvy, including socially-native platforms
- Experience delivering live events / hosting webinars, is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications and/or Public Relations, is a plus
This position reports to the Managing Director. All materials created are subject to approval by the Sr. Director leading the program.
Level of Effort/Compensation
- Except for “onboarding”, an average of 5-10 hours per week is estimated.
- Compensation is Negotiable. The Communication Manager shall not be considered a NISOA employee.
Please fill in all fields!