NISOA is currently seeking interested members for the position of Website Manager
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the nisoa.com domain,
- Editing/posting content for nisoa.com,
- Interfacing with/managing the Twitter account,
- Participating in the solicitation and qualification validation of third party services such as site hosting and data acquisition/management,
- Maintaining the web server, site hosting and domain registrations,
- Supporting NISOA administrative requirements, including but not limited to the development of code, code maintenance and debugging for the following:
- Syncing the membership roster with ArbiterSports.com,
- Hall of Fame, general and special ballot voting,
- Chapter registration,
- National Referee assessment management,
- Member chapter transfer management,
- Mailing and contact lists.
The webmaster should have basic capability and understanding of the following technologies:
- Coding in the following languages/frameworks:
- Server based languages with PHP strongly preferred,
- MYSQL query formation,
- WordPress (although there is a desire to move away from the current WordPress based Content Management System).
- Understanding the use of Advanced Programming Interfaces (APIs) as used by ArbiterSports, Twitter, Dropbox and others,
Basic understanding of how to configure, upgrade and maintain a web server running WHM and cPanel operating systems including performing backups, creating FTP and email accounts,
- Use of File Transfer Protocol (FTP) software.
NISOA member in good standing.
This position reports to the Managing Director.
Level of Effort / Compensation
- Except for program development and “onboarding”, an average of 8-12 hours per week is required.
- Compensation is negotiable. The Website Manager shall not be considered a NISOA employee.
Please fill in all fields!